This post is intended on helping those who just purchased an air fryer to get started using it. Honestly, I feel weird about covering air fryer recipes on this site, since this is not a food blog. But think it should be fine, as long as it benefits fellow readers.
If you own or are thinking about buying an air fryer, here are 4 great places to start learning how to cook with an air fryer:
- Resepi Air Fryer [Malaysia] Facebook group – 514,700+ members. Very active and friendly group. Many Malaysian style air fryer recipes.
- Cookpad.com/my (air fryer) – More than 500 air fryer recipes that were shared by real users, complete with photos, ingredient and a step-by-step guide.
- Amanda Tan (Facebook/YouTube) – She shared many air fryer recipes on her FB and YouTube channel. Each of her FB sharing garnered thousands of likes and share. She also runs the Amoijamu channel on YouTube. She is certainly one of the most underrated Malaysian cooking YouTuber. Please shows some love and support to her =).
- 15 Must-know Air Fryer Tips for Air Fryer Owners
There are thousands, if not hundreds, of air fryer recipes on the three sites above. I spent more than ten hours compiling and picking these top 10 air fryer recipes.
- Burnt cheesecake
- Sausage cheese roll
- Ayam tiram thai khairul aming
- Biskut florentine
- Juadah lemang
- Portuguese egg tart
- Kepak ayam mayonis bakar
- Lazy beef pie
- Chocolate moist cake
- Roti sarang burung
Note: the selection of these recipes is not solely determined by likes and shares. I have made a balance between regular meal, cakes and cookies. Otherwise, the top 20 list will easily be all baking recipes.
Top 10 Malaysian Favourite Air Fryer Recipes
1.Burnt Cheese Cake
Likes: 9000+, Shares: 4700+
- 250g tartura cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125ml whipping cream
- 3 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essences
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put all ingredients into blender/mixer and mix well
- Pour the batter into a 6-inch round pan, lined with baking paper
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cheesecake in the air fryer at 180°C for 18 to 21 minutes
- Bake the cheesecake again at 160°C for 15 minutes
- Left rested for 15 minutes in air fryer before taking out
2. Sausage Cheese Roll
Likes: 2100+, Shares: 32000+
- Cook all the sausages
- Cut sausages and cheese slice in half
- Put cheese slice onto the frozen puff pastry
- Put the sausage on the cheese and roll up the pastry
- Brush the egg wash onto the surface of the puff pastry
- Bake the coated sausage roll in the air fryer at 190°C for 10 minutes
- Ready to serve
3. Thai Oyster Sauce Grill Chicken (Ayam Tiram Thai Khairulaming)
Likes: 3300+, Shares:4100+
Ingredients for Thai sauce:
- 5 bird’s eye chilies (cili padi merah)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1-3 key lime
- Coriander leaves
Directions for Thau sauce:
- Grind the bird’s eye chilies with garlic with mortar and pestle
- Prepare a clean bowl.
- Mix the grounded chillies and garlics together with sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, keylime juice and coriander leaves
- Thai oyster sauce is ready
Ingredients for preparing chicken:
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet and spicy soy sauce (kicap manis pedas)
- Salt (as per personal preference)
Directions for chicken:
- Mix the oyster sauce, sweet and spicy soy sauce and salt together
- Marinate the chicken with the sauce
- Cook in the air fryer at 200°C for 20 minutes
- Coat the cooked chicken with the Thai oyster sauce and it’s ready to serve.
4. Almond florentine
Likes: 1300+, Shares: 2100+
- 200g florentine flour (can buy on lazada or shopee)
- 100g almond flakes
- 100g pumpkin seed
- 100g sunflower seed
- 2 tbsp black sesame
- Bake almond flakes, pumpkin and sunflower seed, black sesame at 160°C for 3 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients with florentines flour
- Put the florentine into a mould (or spread them flat on baking paper)
- Bake at 160°C for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool down and may store them in a container
5. Juadah Lemang
Likes: 4100+, Shares: 2400+
- 2 cup glutinous rice
- 2 cup coconut milk (santan kelapa)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Pandan leaves
- Paper cup
- Wash and clean the glutinous rice
- Soak the glutinous rice in water for 2 hours
- Then, drain the water.
- Soak the glutinous rice in coconut cream. Add in 1 tsp of salt.
- Lined the pandan leave inside the paper cup (paper cup is used as the replacement for bamboo)
- Fill the cup with glutinous rice.
- Then add coconut milk until the glutinous rice is fully soaked in it
- Preheat air fryer at 180°C for 5 minutes
- Bake the glutinous rice at 180°C for 30 minutes
- Followed by another round of baking at 160°C for 10 minutes
- Rest the glutinous rice in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy the lemang.
6. Portugis Egg Tart
Likes: 1400+, Shares: 2300+
- 1 egg
- 2 egg york
- 75ml full cream milk
- 45g caster sugar
- Vanila extract
- 150ml whipping cream
- Frozen puff pastry sheets
- Egg tart mould
- Prepare a mixing bowl
- Put in egg, egg york, full cream milk, caster sugar, whipping cream, and tiny bit of vanilla extract.
- Mix them well together. This is the egg tart filling
- Use a round cup to cut out the round-shaped puff pastry slice
- Then put the pastry slice into the egg tart mould. Press the pastry a bit.
- Pour the filing into the pastry mould. Don’t overfill them because the filling will expand during baking process.
- Bake the egg tart in air fryer at 180°C for 20 minutes
7. Mayonnaise Chicken Wing (Kepak Ayam Mayonis Bakar)
Likes: 1200+, Shares: 1900+
- Black pepper
- Oyster sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Swee soy sauce
- Chicken wings
- Mix all the ingredients above.
- Then, mix the sauce together with chicken wings. (Can marinate overnight if you wish to)
- Arrange the chicken wings properly in air fryer basket
- Coat the chicken wings with some black pepper and mayonnaise again.
- Grill them at 160°C for 30 minutes.
- Pull out the basket and flip the chicken wings.
- Grill at 160°C for another 5-10 minutes
- Mouthwatering chicken wings are ready to eat.
8. Lazy Beef Pie
Likes: 843, Shares: 1900+
- Ramley burger beef patty
- Spring onion (daun bawang)
- Holland yellow onion
- Bread slice
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Red chilli
- Cooking oil
- Paper cup
- Mince the beef patty
- Dice the carrot, yellow onion and capcisum
- Chop the spring onion and red chilli
- Tear bread slice into small pieces
- Mix all the ingredients above with minced meat except for shredded cheese.
- Put the mixed minced beef into paper cup
- Put shredded cheese on top of the meat
- Bake them in air fryer until it is fully cooked in golden brown colour.
9. Chocolate moist cake
Likes: 1200+, Shares: 2100+
- 4 eggs*
- 1 cup sugar*
- 1 cup cooking oil*
- 1 cup evaporated milk (susu cair)*
- ½ cup condensed milk*
- 1 ½ cup of wheat flour
- 1 cup of chocolate powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix all the starred ingredients with mixers.
- Sift the flour, chocolate powder, baking soda and baking powder into the mixing bow.
- Mix them slowly until all ingredients combined
- Add salt and vanilla essences
- Put the batter into baking pans
- Cover it up with aluminium foil and put into air fryer (poke some holes on the foil)
- Bake at 140°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes at 140°C
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving it
9. Roti Sarang Burung Cheese
Likes: 1900+, Shares: 1200+
- 1 slice frozen paratha (can buy on lazada or shopee)
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Stainless steel round plate
- Coat the steel plate with a bit of oil
- Put the paratha into the plate
- Place the cheese slice on the paratha
- Add eggs
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on it
- Put into air fryer
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. (Can cook longer or shorter depends on how well done you want for the egg)
More air fryer recipes
There are so many recipes that were shared in the groups, you may check them out too!
- Satay ayam air fryer – 859 likes,907 shares
- Chocolate chips cookies – 2.4k likes, 770 shares
- Korea cheesy garlic bread – 2.4k likes, 1.7k shares
- Sambal belacan air fryer – 950 likes, 271 shares
- Brownies – 2.4k likes, 1.9k shares
- Roti gebu lembut – 454 likes, 683 shares
- Kuih bakar pandan – 800 likes, 824 shares
- Texas honey biscuits – 2.4k likes, 757 shares
- French toast pizza – 2k likes, 489 shares
- Spaghetti Brulee – 852 likes, 554 shares
- Puff pisang panggang – 1k likes, 207 share
- Puff jem nanas – 1.3k likes, 203 shares
Full credits belong to the original creator/sharer for all the recipes and photos in this article.
Hope you enjoy the air fryer recipes above and start trying out this delicious food. If you don’t have an air fryer yet, may check out my guide on how to choose an air fryer.